2.) Skateboards are practical methods of transportation for humans under the age of 12. Anybody who uses a skateboard after that age should be avoided, unless they are making big bucks for riding around on a two-by-four attached to four roller-skate wheels.
Betty, “I have a hot date tonight with Johnny!”
Sally, “That’s wonderful! Where are you two going?”
Betty, “Down the block. We can’t go very far away because he’s picking me up on his skateboard. Isn’t that romantic?”
3. “I’m not ready for a relationship” means I am not ready for a relationship. It does not mean the following:
– I want to take things slow because I respect you and I am a gentleman.
– I am emotionally hurt by your predecessor and fear that you’ll hurt me too. My heart is a big gaping wound and I need to be treated as fragile goods and be nursed back to heath by a caring and devout woman such as yourself.
– If you hang around for like five months and bake me cupcakes and have naked sleepover parties with me, I will suddenly realize how amazing you are and put a ring on it.
4. Stop talking about your dating life in hyperbole. Every dude out there isn’t an asshole set out to break your heart and you’re not going to be alone forever. Shit happens to everyone. This is why dating is as exciting as it is sucky. Chin up, slugger.
5. Having sex does not mean he is your boyfriend. Three weeks of dating doesn’t mean he’s your bf either.
6. Do not, under any circumstances, get drunk and text him, “Do you like me?” Also, do not show up to his place of employment in nothing but a trench coat and garters.
7. Relax. Relax. Relax.
8. Do not rely heavily on dating advice from your female friends or gay male friends or your mother.
9. It is not cute or becoming to get drunk in front of him and then shrilly sing Miley Cyrus and/or throw up in your purse and/or get into a brawl with the grouchy broad wearing leggings with a Lisa Frank-esque pattern of cats and space ships who gave you the stink-eye.
10. Do not listen to Jawbreaker while sitting by yourself on the couch in the dark waiting for him to call you back.